Hunting in Namibia
ONDJOU & VAN HEERDEN SAFARIS
Ondjou Safaris cc was established in 2009 by Hentie van Heerden and Falko Schwarz, the sole members of Ondjou Safaris cc. Both company owners’ expertise in African hunting safaris stems from a family tradition.
ONDJOU is a Namibian indigenous word for ELEPHANT, originating from the Herero tribe, amongst which we hunt in Ondjou Conservancy.
Falko’s passion for Namibian wildlife and the African way of hunting was formed during his various holidays visits to Namibia, when he stayed on his father’s hunting and cattle ranch Halseton in the vicinity of Summerdown. With his father’s big game safaris to other African countries like Kenya and Uganda, he gained experience very early. After completing his studies in Germany, he moved to Namibia in 2002 and became the manager of the Hunting Lodge Halseton, where he also started guiding hunting clients. Falko gained part of his big game experience on hunts with Hentie and passed his big game hunter exam in 2011. Since 2013 he’s a strong member of the NAPHA (Namibia Hunting Association) big game subcommittee and is actively involved in anti-poaching campaigns.
Hentie started off studying at an agricultural college in South Africa, but his love for wildlife, hunting and his urge for adventure encouraged him to become a professional hunter. In 1999 Hentie founded his own hunting operation, called Van Heerden Safaris. Hentie, started at the very bottom as a Hunting Guide, then became a Master Hunting Guide before obtaining his professional hunter license in 2003 and passed his big game professional hunter exam in 2008. Since 2009 Hentie has guided clients from around the world in communal conservancies, starting off with plains game hunting in the Damaraland communal conservancies.
Both hunters got to know each other at a young age and developed a respectful and deep friendship, which made them decide to open a business together. After 7 years of partnership Ondjou Safaris cc has proven that a long lasting and fruitful partnership in the hunting business is possible and that combining strengths is the key to success.
We offer you our valued client:
- The guarantee that ONDJOU & VAN HEERDEN SAFARIS respects and abides by the Ministry of Environment and Tourism laws as well as to the local laws
- Professional hunting guides who strictly abide by “Fair Chase” ethical hunting practices
- Personally operated African Hunting safaris in Namibia
- 16 years of Namibian hunting outfitters experience
- The whole spectrum of hunts Namibia has to offer from – Cattle ranches where game can move freely through the area to hunting ranches for selected species and large free range communal concession areas for certain big game species
- Trophy hunts for only old aged animals
- Different activities for the non-hunting family members accompanying you on your hunting safari in Africa
- Personal assistance in putting some activities together before and after your hunt in cooperation with some reputable photographic safari operators in Namibia
- A professionally serviced vehicle fleet whilst hunting
- Hunt four of the BIG Five
Hunt four of the big five
Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, Leopard, Hippo, Crocodile hunting in Namibia